Thursday, December 30, 2010

Fall Draws Near, September and October

If you have summer in one hand and fall in another, I am always going to choose fall.  The weather's still good, football is on and steelhead begin pouring into our area.   Thank goodness

September brought OMR's 70th birthday and the long planned and long awaited Fay Clave.  We had anglers from 3 states and  yes, a few beers were drank and whiskey was consumed. Along the way, this also happened...




















 When I turn 70, I sure hope I can catch a steelhead on my birthday.

























Even Steelie Mike showed up and showed us how to do it. 



















The morning gave us great sunrises and the fish were willing participants. Mark your calendars for OMR's 2nd annual Fay Clave mid September 2011 on the Clearwater River

October

My favorite month of the year.   Time to uncase the guns of fall, steelhead is in full swing and everything to me is in it's height of beauty.




















How about having this guy as your fishing partner.


























Good buddy Marques made the local quail population a little smaller.

















And as the sun set on our last trip to the Cleawater, I knew that greater things were ahead.

Life changing things if you know what I mean.

My life gets flipped turned upside down in November with my greatest gift ever, and we  return to swing the Big River in December

Stay tuned for tomorrow's post, its a doozy....

No comments:

Post a Comment