Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Staring at Water, Looking for Ghosts





















I started to think it was possible to will a Bonefish to me.




















Even with 4 mornings of blanks, it was a blast.  The weather was right, the sun was right....it should have been game time.  But in reality, Hawaiian Bonefishing is a tough gig. 

There's so much to learn.  There's so much to absorb and try and key into, only time on the flats brings true success.  Tides, flies, retrieves, bottom structure....and oh yeah, the tides. 

3 different flats, all different.  All with the same results.  Am I discouraged....

No

Will I try it again?

Ya gawd damn right I will, given the opportunity. 

1 comment:

  1. Pretty hard to get frustrated in a place as beautiful as that...and besides, they will be waiting for you next time.

    ReplyDelete