Sunday, January 5, 2014

Sunrise From The Blind
































Geese are a fickle bird.  Late season honkers are an educated bunch

Throw a bunch of rookies out there....and the two birds we dropped were quite rewarding.

The learning curve for waterfowl hunting is steep.  Right now it reminds me of the first time I picked up a fly rod.  I get the basics, but consistent success comes from subtle nuance.

Still, we spotted a 5 pack from a ways away.  Flagged them in, called not poorly enough to get them to go away and had them into the spread.  A hearty cheer from the three other goose hunters rang out when the dog retrieved the massive Canadian Honker.

I think I like this goose game.  I like the challenge.  Now only to find more time to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment