Thursday, December 27, 2018

Joining Hunt To Eat...



Hunting has always been a big part of my life.

It's always been there, from bedtime stories delivered by my father and now with roles reversed as I deliver those stories to my boys.  It's woven deep into the fabric of my life

Additionally, putting our success onto the dinner table was always part of the equation....

Pan fried pheasant breast.  Deer Chops.  Smoked Wild Turkey and Steelhead.  Grilled Salmon,  fried perch and walleye.    Year in and year out, you could count on a consistent rotation of what we returned from field and stream with and eventually cooked up.

Recently, there's been an awakening in my consciousness on what I have been missing with my connection to wild game and fish, and how much more is on the table (pun intended) that I have missed in taking my love of the outdoors and delivering it to the plate.



Combine this all with my devotion to protect public lands and the want to push a conservation ethic, I am beyond thrilled to be joining forces with one of the leading brands in this space, Hunt To Eat as a brand ambassador.

In a nutshell, Hunt To Eat is an apparel company started in 2013 that is leading the conversation on the connectivity of our sport, our ethics, public lands and the respect we can show our quarry as we deliver it to friends and family via a shared meal experience.

































Their lineup of t-shirts, hoodies, hats and accessories are beautifully designed and collaborations with organizations like Backcountry Hunters and Anglers, Pheasants Forever, Artemis, and The Wild Sheep Foundation along with titans of the hunting world like Remi Warren and Randy Newberg are raising serious dollars for hunting and fishing conservation efforts.

Another cool aspect is that there's a growing list of state specific shirts that take some of the most iconic aspects of a state's outdoor culture and encapsulates it like the Washington shirt above.  currently there are 17 states with their own design





What's really stirred my soul is the community that ambassadors and other's around the brand are providing for me as a I endeavor to become better and more innovative in using what is in my freezer.  Recipes for dishes like these Venison Enchiladas from contributor John Wallace have me drooling and there are many others ready for you to take part in on the Hunt To Eat site.

We owe it the game we take to honor it in a way that showcases our sport for the blessing it is.

Hunt To Eat is providing that forum.  I hope you join us.





1 comment: