Sunday, October 3, 2010

Unexpected Fishing Partner...

















I have this tendency to get so engrossed in fishing that I block things out.  I literally have to break my concentration to look at what's going on around me.

Yesterday, a thousand pound animal and of few of its friends were 50 feet from me and I didn't even notice.

















What a unique moment to have this band of horses join us as we swung down my favorite steelhead run in the world.  They pretty much hung out on the gravel bar and watched us.  Thank goodness we didn't accidentally hook one like we've accidentally done before with Murph Dog.

2 comments:

  1. thats a pretty cool deal there, nice photos

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kool!...and awesome pics (thumbs up)

    We surf fish on Assateague Island and have the horses as guests often...really adds to the atmosphere.

    ReplyDelete