Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Whats in a name? I'll tell ya....




















Newest assignment from the Outdoor Blogger Network...

"Why did you name your blog what you did?"

I wanted to encompass my two biggest outdoor passions.  Bringing them into one name for a blog and yet making it catchy was something I thought would take a long time.

I'd like to say that it came after a long period of pensive thought, research and focus groups at the fly shop.

Nope, it came to me in the shower.  Seriously.

The first phrase "Chucking Line" is homage to how much time we spend waving our silly little fly rods around in the quest for a connection.   A lot can be said to how much time and thought we put towards our gear, our lines, our flies.  It's a somewhat manageable obsession for me right now

Secondly, "Chasing Tail" isnt some reference to the Jersey Shore and its village full of idiots;



















Nope, here's the real situation.  It's the combination of the  two things that have tail that I chase.

Game birds and every stinking fish out there. 





















I get a chuckle sometimes when I tell people my blog name as if it's some sophomoric reference to going out on the town, "chucking line" to girls and chasing their tail. 

No, and thankfully when you Google search the name, my site comes way before any illicit sites that's a play off my blog's name. 

So the name stuck and I went about pouring my thoughts out there like a squawking parrot.  

Through a couple hundred of posts, it's brought me a lot, namely an increased connectivity to the outdoor community.  I'd had the opportunity to get to know some new people I never would have met if it wasn't for this blog.   I think that's pretty damn cool if you ask me.

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you continue to come back. 

I have big plans for this little outpost in space.  Look for those changes, good changes, coming soon!

1 comment:

  1. Josh, it is a great blog, and one I really enjoy reading..

    But maybe a goal in 2011, should be to get your behind over here and chase some fishies with Mike and I...
    I smell a Hex hatch... and its got your name on it. :)
    keep it up....

    ReplyDelete