Monday, June 23, 2014

The Almost Double...
























The Hero Shot doesn't always work out.

We were shooting through downtown Spokane on the river before most of the city was up. Fishing wasnt great, but the morning was beautiful...so who gives a shit.

Along that day was a great dude who've I've been meaning to get on the river for a long time.  Finally after I get the FB message last week saying this, I knew it was time to get my poop in a group and get him on the boat

"Fill in the blank...we haven't fished together this year because_______"

Well hell, lets go.

The bobber went down mid float and I was fast into a fish that went all types of rodeo on us.  I was dealing with the fish on the wrong side of the boat and anchor rope when "fish on" rang out from the front of the boat.   As instructed, Billy let his nymphs swing out in front and a nice little rainbow just couldn't resist.

I know Billy because I played ball with his brother in college, and we talked most of the float about getting a shot that would make his brother a jealous.  Sibling rivalry is alive and well.

So as we landed both fish, readied for the shot and our other buddy was about to press the shutter

"Oh shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit"

Flop

And one half of the hero shot was gone.

Makes for a better story doesn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment