Monday, June 5, 2017

Farmpond Thug....








































I'd driven by it hundreds of times, and yet it never occurred to me that I should probably fish it.

First casts were rewarded by bluegill after bluegill that made me laugh like a boy again.  There's joy in those super aggressive fish that make you feel like you really know what you are doing.

With all the bait around, I had a feeling there were a few big kids running around that pond, having their way and inflicting terror whenever they pleased.

This bucketmouth confirmed it.  It engulfed their popper and dove for the weeds and if I've ever been sure my leader was going to pop, it was then.

Somehow he came to hand and after a quick picture, back into the swampy abyss that he calls home

I cant wait to tangle again.



2 comments:

  1. They are fun, aren't they? Ugly, but fun. Personally, I was pulling trout out of the Spokane yesterday. Fun AND pretty. Less numerous though, no doubt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was wonderful, i am so glad you able to take picture of it.

    Live For Outdoors

    ReplyDelete