Monday, January 7, 2019

Cant Leave It On The Road...































Gifts, dont question where they come from...

A couple hundred cars probably passed this squirrel taking it's final dirt nap.   When I went by, I knew what I was going to do.

I've come to the portion of my fly tying life that I cannot leave a dead squirrel on the road without making some alterations and adding to my collection.

I've salvaged coyote tails, countless squirrels, hun patridge, pheasant, raccoon, and a bunch of other animals that made it way onto the tying bench.  Too funky, smells a bit weird, na.....we can salt the stench away.

At this point, I may be a hoarder.  A good squirrel tail will last a season, maybe two of intense hairwing tying.  I think i have 7 now.

Why do I keep doing this..... quote a grandmothers or two out there, "Ya never know"

1 comment:

  1. Do you have some advice/info on how to preserve please? For squirrels do you just keep the tails? I have a access to a number of dead squirrels on a regular basis. Thanks - Stu

    ReplyDelete