Thursday, October 24, 2013

Letting the Hardy Sing



























When the reel arrived, it was easy to see....this little beauty hadn't seen water in the decades.

Last week, we corrected that problem.

Matched with the 6 wt Redington Dually on loan for review,  the reel balanced the rod and in perfect dryline conditions....the rest of the river knew what was up when a fish was hooked up.

The beauty of an older reel is the noise.  Some love it, some loath it.  I fall well within the love, as a piece of machinery made 30-40 years ago and sat for decades in a drawer worked like it should off the factory floor is an amazing thing.

Now I find myself constantly on Ebay for the next loud reel edition.    Until then, know when you hear that loud reel sing, someone out there is happy and tight to a fish

1 comment:

  1. When does the review come? I am looking forward to hearing thoughts on this rod, I just picked up the 6 wt switch. Unfortunately I have only been able to cast it in the yard, hopefully Monday it will be christened.

    ReplyDelete