Thursday, December 6, 2018

Steelhead Hwy 101














There isnt a road in the world that takes you past more steelhead water than Highway 101.

This ribbon of asphalt transverses over every steelhead bearing stream along the wild, crested Pacific. From the drenched rainforest rivers of the Olympic Peninsula, arching over the mother river Columbia, tracing along the rain fed coastal range of Oregon, through the grand redwoods and chaparrals gracing California to Baja. The streams beneath this coastal highway cloaks a life altering game fish with the hues of the Pacific gracing their flanks.















My own Hwy 101 story includes my first winter run fish on the swing.  As the road crosses the Bogi I was knee deep in a beautiful swing run, flanked by my dad and my good buddy Joe Willauer.   The stars aligned and a fresh rocket spun me far into my backing before flipping me the middle fin.  Mouth agape, I reeled in and started again only to connect two casts later.  A tense battle was fought and a feisty 10 pound buck came to hand.   10 casts later, another fish....and so that day scorched into my memory

Graphic Designer , founding member of the Wild Steelhead Coalition and owner of Mykiss Studios Rich Simms is the man behind the Hwy 101 brand, and it's his hope that his line will help carry the flame of steelhead experience beyond your time in the water.






























































There's a full line of apparel for the steelhead obsessed man or woman on your Christmas list.

With any Steelhead Highway purchase 5% of profits will be donated to The Wild Steelhead Coalition supporting their important conservation work.


Consider supporting this original brand and in turn, support wild steelhead conservation

No comments:

Post a Comment